Don’t rent a house without it…
Being a landlord comes with well-known risks. From maintaining the property to managing tenants, landlords are exposed to potential lawsuits on a daily basis.
And if you’re ever found liable if someone is injured on your property, or if you are required to pay for damage done to someone else’s property, it can end up costing you your property.
Landlord liability coverage can help cover you for many of those risks.
What does Landlord Liability help cover?
Landlord liability coverage kicks in to help pay medical expenses for injured tenants, or legal defense and court judgments made against you for other damages, up to the limits stated in your policy. Coverage may include:
- Tenant injuries due to a loose handrail or exposed sprinkler head causing a tenant to fall and become injured. If you’re found negligent in maintaining the property, or failed to warn the tenant of a potential safety risk, landlord liability can cover you.
- Proper security for your tenants in terms of lighting and parking safety.
- Unlawful behavior by tenants that you fail to take measures against could land you in trouble with the neighbors.
- Liability to cover you against claims of accidental damage in relation to your investment property.
- Fair Rental Value Coverage to cover lost income due to your property ever being declared unlivable due to a covered loss.
- Inflation Protection which automatically adjusts your policy limits to keep pace with inflation, including premium discounts.
- Personal Injury Protection should a tenant claim injuries arising out of libel, slander, invasion of privacy, wrongful eviction or wrongful entry.
- Lock replacement to cover the costs of replacing locks and keys.
Alabama Discounts for Landlords
Eversure Insurance offers a variety of discounts on Landlord Insurance policies that help keep costs affordable, including:
- Multi-policy: discounts for insuring property, autos, RVs or other policies held with the same carrier
- New/renovated homes may be eligible for a discount.
- Other discounts we can share once we know more about your property and your specific needs.
Worried about the cost?
Eversure Insurance specializes in covering local businesses, and business owners like you. We have everything you’ll need right here, including:
- Monthly payment options to help spread out your payments so you can better manage your your cash flow
- Coverage of staff, full-time employees, and independent contractors
- Claims responsiveness when time is of the essence, especially in the event of an insurance claim
- Tailored coverage for the specific risks of your field and industry
- Knowledgeable agents who provide exceptional, passionate service
- Fast and simple online quotes and immediate coverage